- The dive into optimizing correlated subqueries is finished.
- Notes on Digital Minimalism. See also older notes on Deep Work and So Good They Can't Ignore You by the same author.
- I was going to include notes on the Data-Oriented Design book, but I don't think it's very well written. The best resource I know of is still Mike Acton's talks (1, 2, 3, 4).
What I'm working on:
- Why query planning for streaming systems is hard. Maybe leading into a survey of existing systems.
- Some preliminary thoughts on benchmarking streaming systems, mostly on scope and direction for the project - what is the goal of doing this, why aren't existing benchmarks good enough.
- Reading Systems Performance by Brendan Gregg.